A Pro Business Climate
- Bond ratings of AA (Standard & Poor's) and Aa2 (Moody's)
- Expanding infrastructure and transportation systems
- Fiscally-responsible, effective county government
- Established Casino, Tourism, Healthcare industries
- Workforce training and development
- Easily accessible by road, rail and air
A Great Place To Live, Work,
Invest & Play
- Exceptional education institutions and broad academic opportunities
- World-class entertainment, dining and shopping
- Acclaimed as the Greenest County in New Jersey
- Nationally recognized, state-of-the-art healthcare facilities
- Affordable housing throughout our communities.
Governor Chris Christie signs A-3213, "The Economic Opportunity Act of 2014, Part 3" into law. The legislation designates the City of Atlantic City as the fifth Garden State Growth Zone, an important tool in helping to attract non-gaming economic development, business investment, and job growth in Atlantic City. With that designation, qualifying projects are now eligible for maximum ERG incentive amounts. The cities of Camden, Passaic, Paterson, and Trenton currently have this status.
With Increases in Attendance, Room Nights and Delegate Spending
Featured Projects in Atlantic County
The Waterfront Conference Center will encompass 250,000 square feet, with 125,000 square feet of meeting space and will be the largest conference facility from Baltimore to Boston when it opens in 2015. It has been compared to a Las Vegas-style conference center wth flexible meeting space. The $126 million project will take 22-23 months to be completed and will create hundreds of construction jobs.
"Atlantic County's natural resources, quality schools, low tax rates, transportation network, affordable housing and trained workforce make it a great place to do business."
Atlantic County Executive
"The availability of state of the art, quality healthcare is one of the key factors people weigh when evaluating the desirability of any area."
President & CEO, Shore Medical Center
"I have traveled extensively and have come to have an even greater appreciation for all that Atlantic County offers. Magnificent beaches, natural scenery, top notch entertainment, a beautiful place to raise a family and work. It's all right here."
Broker, Prudential Fox & Roach Chairman, Atlantic County Economic Development Advisory Commission
Atlantic County is the top county for tourism spending in New Jersey.
- Tourism Economic Impact Study (2013)
- prepared by the -
Economic Development Advisory Commission December 2013