- New Jersey’s fourth and eighth grade students ranked among the best in the nation in standardized test scores for reading and math. 1
- 40.9% of employment in Atlantic County is directly or indirectly related to tourism. 2
- Atlantic City area golf courses claimed seven of the top 10 courses in New Jersey. 3
- Atlantic City International Airport continues to have the lowest average domestic airfare among the nation’s top 100 airports five years in a row. 4
- Atlantic County’s labor force is projected to increase 3.7% from 2010 to 2020. 5
- Over the past decade, Atlantic County’s population grew by 8.7%, the third fastest growth rate in the state.
- The median home cost in Atlantic County is $256,600. 6
Atlantic County is home to nearly 275,000 residents and the destination for more than 35 million visitors each year.
Comprised of twenty-three municipalities, covering 566.97 square miles, and bounded by water, Atlantic County offers a wealth of recreational opportunities, natural resources and a quality of life envied by others. Municipalities range in size from Egg Harbor Township (43,323) to Corbin City (492) with the total population in the 2010 census recorded as 274,549.
Area residents have access to affordable real estate and benefit from a lower cost of living than surrounding markets such as Philadelphia, New York City and northern New Jersey. Atlantic County also has one of the state’s lowest county tax rates. Exceptional schools, quality healthcare, enriching arts and culture and a pro-business attitude contribute to making Atlantic County a great place to live, work and play.
Its agricultural roots are evident with more than 9,500 acres of preserved farmland that provide fresh fruits and vegetables and contribute to the Town of Hammonton’s acclaim as the “Blueberry capitol of the World.”
Atlantic County offers a diverse landscape that accommodates various lifestyles. Choose from rural towns, beach communities, the excitement of urban living or the comforts of the suburbs. It’s all here.
For a listing of Atlantic County's 23 municipalities with additional information about each community, click here